We invite all into our inclusive, diverse community of faith as we seek to live the way of Christ’s unconditional and reconciling love. Just as Jesus welcomed each person as a beloved child of God, so we welcome people of all ages, races, ethnicity, culture, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic, family or immigration status. Basically if you’re breathing, you’re welcome here. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey this is a non-judgmental place where doors are open and questions are always invited. Feeling spiritually connected in today’s complex society can be challenging. Join us as we grow in faith to do God’s work in Christ’s name for the life of the world.
“Peace be with you” (John 20:26).
LENT-A 40 Day Challenge
Lent is the 6-week season of the church year leading up to Easter. The word “Lent” means “spring.” Lent serves as a spring time of the soul. It’s a time of self-examination and reflection in order to be spiritually renewed through our encounter with Jesus. The following practices are ways that we seek to deepen our discipleship as a follower of Jesus. As we recommit or begin a new spiritual discipline during the 40 days of Lent, these are not good works we do to try to earn God’s love. That has already been given to us by grace through Christ’s death and resurrection. Rather we engage in such practices to better see how God comes to us and is with us, daily creating new hearts within us.
- WORSHIP: Mid-week worship begins on Ash Wednesday March 5th at 7:30pm. From March 12-April 9th we worship with the music of Holden Evening Prayer.
- LEARNING: Small group discussions will be held Wednesdays March 12-April 16 from 6-7:20pm and Sundays March 9-April 13 from 11:30am-12:30pm using the video series Animate Faith, exploring the big questions of the Christian faith.
- SERVICE: Each Sunday in Lent donations of bar soap, toothbrushes, washcloths, etc will be collected for “Baskets of Promise” personal care kits that will be distributed through Lutheran World Relief. The kits will be assembled after worship on April 13th at 11:30am.
- PRAYER AND MEDITATION: Prayer booklets are available at church for personal use at home. They include a Scripture passage, reflection and prayer for each day during Lent.
- FASTING: We will be fasting from sugary foods and drinks at our fellowship time after worship each Sunday in Lent, substituting healthier snacks such as nuts, fruits, cheese and veggies.
“American Lutheran Church is called to witness the Good News of God’s love through service in our community and beyond.”
SUMMER DAY CAMP
June 23 – June 24
9:00am – 3:00pm
For ages entering K through 6
Extended hours 8:00am – 5:30pm
A.L.C.: Making a Difference in the Community
Map & Directions
755 North Whitnall Highway
Burbank, CA 91505
Corner of Hollywood Way & Clark Ave